We know that photography is one of the most important elements as well as one of the more costly aspects of your wedding. However, we also know that after the festivities have ended, flowers have wilted, guests have flown home, and the dress is in the closet, you will still have the images to relive the day by and an album to pass on to your grandchildren. The investment in solid wedding photography is just that, an investment.
We thought we’d include some of the questions that people often have for us. Have a look, and please don’t hesitate to contact us with any other questions.
Q: What is your photographic style?
A: In our recent studies of photography, we focused most on photojournalism [Rick] and documentary photography [Bernadette]. Some other adjectives people have used to describe our work include: creative, honest, artful, clean, genuine, unobtrusive. Really, the best way to understand our style is to look at some of our work.
Q: How do you interact with the people you photograph?
A: Most of the time, we see ourselves as photojournalists, stepping back and observing events as they unfold and choosing a creative perspective from which to tell the story. At times, we’ll step in and offer some ideas to create a comfortable space for you to be yourselves so that we can capture genuine moments and expressions.
Q: Can you tell me about the packages you offer?
A: We were married not too long ago, and we can remember all that was involved in the process of planning a wedding, so we keep things as simple as possible. We’ve created packages that include the things that were important to us as a bride and groom: full day coverage [no hourly limits], two lead photographers [not a lead and an assistant], complete editing and finishing of all images , beautiful albums, books and other cool products.
Q: Do you guys offer a disc with all of the images?
A: Yes, we do offer the images from your event on a thumb drive (post-edits) when you want them. There’s no waiting period.
Q: And, can I make my own prints?
A: Of course. We love what we do, and it is most rewarding when it is shared. So, please, make your own prints! Share the photos. We want you to enjoy them. The greatest compliment to us is when you share our images with friends and family, and they have us photograph their wedding, family and/or business.
Q: What types of albums do you guys create?
A: We work with some of the best manufacturers in the industry to ensure that you receive the coolest looking and most durable albums. Your wedding album is not just a book, it’s an heirloom that you pass on to your children. We want everyone to have an album, and we also know that value is an important factor for many people. So we have different options available for different budgets. We design all albums from scratch. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Q: What are some things that make you unique in your field? And why should we choose you?
A:1. We really would prefer that you hear it from our clients themselves. Check out some recent testimony we have received.
2. Photography is our life. We have degrees in photography, have had national exhibitions of our work and are also educators in the field. We have dedicated the last 14 years of our lives to developing our personal and commercial work and sharing it.
3. To us, the process is just as important as the product. We work in a relaxed style so that you can relax.
4. We seek to create images that express something more about you than how you look.
5. We are photographers, first and foremost. For us, photography is a way of life, not just a business. Our focus is to create work that speaks for itself – we aren’t salesy.
6. We don’t believe it is our role to direct the flow of the day, rather we document your day as it naturally unfolds.
7. Our business is built around socially responsible values. We’ve taken the initiative to run our business in an eco-conscious manner. We are also involved in numerous education programs and have made charitable contributions to a variety of local and international organizations.
8. As a married couple, we have been in your shoes, and therefore we can appreciate what you are experiencing and feel honored to be a part of it.
9. We both shoot within our own personal styles, so you get to relive your day from two different perspectives.
10. We were voted one of the top photographers in San Diego.
Q: I hate posing for pictures. Do I have to pose?
A: We know what you mean. Posing isn’t natural and we don’t think it looks natural either. When you look at your pictures, we want you to remember the way you felt that day. When the Mother of the Bride tells us that we’ve ‘captured the essence’ of her daughter and her husband, we feel that we have done our job.
Q: Do you do traditional wedding photographs, too?
A: Traditionally, wedding photography has been pretty posed looking. So we’d have to say, “No.” But if you mean do we take traditional family pictures in addition to our more candid work, then the answer is, “yes”. We appreciate the value of and the history behind traditional family portraits. They are the record of the coming together of the most important people in your life.
Q: I really want you, but you’re out of my budget, what can I do?
A: We have put together associate packages that offer event coverage by two of our talented staff photographers. Also, read about our Registry, and let your friends and family give you something that you will enjoy for years to come.
Q: What if you are already booked on my date?
A: We have spent the last couple of years working with some very great photographers and are happy to have them as part of our photo-family. We’d be happy to share some of their work with you and see if they are available on your date.
Q: Do you travel?
A: We can’t think of much else we love more! We have covered events in some really great places including The Rock House, Harbour Island Bahamas, The Bosphorus Palace, Istanbul, Turkey, Oahu, Hawaii. Check some photos from our destination weddings. If you are planning a destination wedding contact us for more info on travel packages.
Q: What if I have questions that aren’t listed here?
A: Send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 619.804.5019. We’d be happy to meet for a cup of coffee and learn more about you and your fiancé and your wedding.