Mandie + Minh

Jun 2, 2011

We had SO much fun on this shoot with Mandie + Minh in downtown LA.  We started at Mandie’s family’s home where her Aunt diligently and dexterously dressed her in her mother’s beautiful kimono.  This takes hours, and it was really cool to see how artful of a process it is.  We then went downtown and walked around the  Japanese Gardens at the Japanese Cultural and Community Center.  This garden is totally hidden in between tall city buildings. It’s like a secret oasis… just beautiful! We really loved the dramatic light there.  And Mandie and Minh just looked so elegant there. After the gardens, we walked around the streets of Little Tokyo and snagged some funky urban shots with more great dramatic light.  Then we were off to the Walt Disney Concert Hall,  which was an absolutely stunning location to shoot at.  We had a lot of fun with reflection and shadow here.  Gosh, it was photography heaven!  What a killer location!  We’re so happy that Mandie and Minh chose such great locations… it was such unique shoot.  We can’t wait for the wedding!

COMMENTs:

1. Ann says:

Excellent photos! The lighting is amazing and I love the drama against the Concert Hall. Mandie and Minh, you both look so beautiful!

2. evelyn says:

absolutely stunning shots guys!! LOVE!! 🙂

3. sherman says:

wowzers! HAWTNESS!

4. Chris I says:

Great stuff. Love the first shot. How the orange tie echoes the orange in her kimono. and the one kissing in the background of a crowded street. Very very cool

5. Tammy says:

You both look great and so happy! Beautiful pictures!

6. Cambria Rose Walsh says:

Gorgeous photos of a lovely couple!

7. TIM says:

BEAUTIFUL! THESE PICTURES ARE AWESOME!!

8. Cindy says:

Gorgeous!!!

9. Be' says:

OMG these photos are GORGEOUS! the colors! the shadows! amazing work! i can’t wait for the wedding!! 🙂

10. Dana says:

I love them! Thanks for sharing. And Mandie, you are soo gorgeous in your kimono! 😀

11. Mandie says:

WE were the ones that had the funnest time! Thank you so much to the incredible duo at Narrative Images! Love love LOVE the photos! Can’t wait to see the rest!:-D

12. Derek says:

Beautiful!

13. Sung says:

Stunning photos! Mandie, you look amazing in the kimono! You both look so happy 🙂 Congratulations!

14. Kristin says:

Beautiful! Such good looking people 🙂 The Concert Hall shots are my favorites… can’t wait for the wedding!!

15. Cindy says:

You both look happy and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photos. They are fantastic! Love the one of you two kissing in front of a shop in Little Tokyo!

16. Tara says:

I absolutely love the photos!! You guys look amazing! Mandie, I love your kimono. The colors are so vibrant and you look incredible. I wish we took some kimono shots…that is if I had my own kimono. 😉 Can’t wait for the wedding!!!

17. Peter Yuen says:

Beautiful photos!

18. Yvonne says:

Wow, the pictures came out so so so nice!!!!! I absolutely loved the photos!!!! kudos to you guys and the photographer!

19. Kohrumel says:

one of the best professional engagement pictures I have seen! Very artistic, clean, and fresh.

20. Greg says:

Fantastic!

21. Kary says:

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple. CONGRATS Mandie & Minh!!!

22. Jeff says:

Beautiful shots! All I can say is AWESOME!

90% of all the engagement/wedding shots I’ve seen out there are overdone, over artsy (is that a word?), over angled, amateur work done by any weekend warrior who thinks they can take nice shots because they have a fancy camera and glossy magazines to glean from. Most of their work have poor shot selection and shallow rooted planning, but NOT yours!

You know when to wait for the shot and respect the power of subtleness.

I love ALL the pictures. Great focus on picture composition and editing/post processing. You obviously pay a lot attention to detail (from the time of day, to the shadows, the silhouettes) and it shows. Great job!

23. Yuki says:

Great pictures! Love your kimono and you look very “kirei”, Mandie. “Omedetou” and can’t wait for your wedding!

24. JOANN VICKERY-LISTER "JOIE" says:

YOU TWO ARE JUST THE MOST AMAZING. THESE PICTURES ARE JUST SIMPLY A REFLECTION OF THE TWO OF YOU COMING TOGETHER.
    I SURE DO MISS YOU DOC. MANDIE I HOPE TO MEET YOU AND GET TO KNOW YOU ALSO. YOU ARE SO SWEET AND GENUINE!
    DON’T KNOW IF YOU HAVE SEEN IT OR NOT THERE IS A COMMERCIAL ON TV. A SCHOOL TEACHER. I BELIEVE IT IS FOR TARGET. A LITTLE “ORIENTAL GAL” DOES NOT REALLY LOOK LIKE YOU MANDIE, BUT I CAN SEE YOU SAYING ALL THOSE THINGS ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS WILL NEED FOR SCHOOL. AND GLITTER LOTS OF GLITTER!! AND DON’T FORGET THE HAMPSTERS LOUISE AND CLARK.
    THE PICTURES YOU SENT TO DR MAGPILE ONLY SERVE TO MAKE USJEALOUS
    AND ENVIOUS. BUT WE ARE ALL SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.
    GOD BLESS.